In Cognota, you’ll be able to set up forms and questions using Request Forms. These will be used to submit or input new requests from your Learning or Business Users.
To add a Request Form, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Settings menu option, click Configurations, and open the Intake tab.
2. Select Request Forms then Add Form.
3. You'll then be able to customize the Form Summary including the Form Title, Request Type, Request Owner and Description.
The Form Title is the name of the form that will appear when someone is selecting what type of request to make.
The Request Type classifies what type of Request the form should be categorized under.
The Default Request Owner(s) are the people that should be notified when a new request has been received using this form and will be the individuals responsible for reviewing and actioning the request.
The Form Description is an overview of the form that will appear in your list of Request Forms. This is currently only visible to your Learning Users when configuring your forms.
4. Next, click on Form Design. You'll see that this section has three tabs: General Information, Request Details and Internal Information.
For General Information, these are the fields that the Requestor will start by filling out. Many of these fields are hardcoded like Request Title, Business Unit, Requestor Name, Executive Sponsor, Priority and Compliance Requirement, but you'll also have the option to add additional questions by clicking Add Question. Most of your custom questions we'd recommend adding in the next tab, Request Details.
In Request Details, you'll be able to add your custom questions that the Requestor will be responsible for populating.
You can use any of the following question types:
The last tab is Internal Information. These are custom questions that your Requestors will not see, but instead can be populated by your team after the request has been received. You can use the same question types referenced above.
5. Once you have customized and saved your Form questions, the final step is to publish your form! Select the Form from your list of Request Forms and toggle the Publish button. This will make the Form visible in your list of request forms when your Learning Team or Business Users are submitting a request.