One of the first steps that we recommend when configuring your Cognota account is to add your users. Being added as a user is required in order to access certain areas or elements of the platform and is an important step so that you can configure your organization and assign requests and project work.
You’ll have three types of users: Learning Team Users, Business Users and External Users.
Learning Team Users are members of your Learning Teams who use the platform to do their work. Learning Users require platform licenses to be activated. The number of active learning team users will be limited by the number of licenses purchased by the organization. Learning Team Users can be Project Owners or Members and can have their capacity tracked and managed.
Business Users are members of Business Teams who use the platform to submit requests or participate in projects when needed as Collaborators.
External Users are not employed by the client’s organization but serve as consultants, contractors or SMEs for particular projects.
To add any of these user types, follow these steps:
1. Click on Settings on the left menu bar, then select Users.
2. Select Add a User and enter the Email and User Type that you'd like to add.
3. For each User Type you add, there are various required and optional fields you'll then be prompted to populate.
Learning Team User
If you select the Self registration box, the user will receive an invitation to register and input their user information themselves.
4. After you have populated the required fields, you'll be able to save the user profile and they'll be sent an email to complete their registration.
5. If you ever need to update or deactivate a user. You can return to this section and make those modifications by clicking on the specific user profile.